DEADLINE : 25th May 2020
1.0 About KOAN
Kenya Organic Agriculture Network (KOAN) is a national membership organization for organic agriculture in Kenya. KOAN was formed to coordinate, facilitate and provide leadership and professional services to all members and other stakeholders in the organic agriculture sector in Kenya. KOAN Membership is derived from farmers, traders, exporters, service providers (extension officers, certification bodies) and research institutions. The organization goal is to develop key competencies, skills and strategies in the areas of Organic Production; Marketing; Standards and Certification; Training, Extension and Information Exchange; Networking, Policy and Advocacy.
In order to effectively dispense its mandate of availing quality organic produce to consumer’s at the most convenient way, KOAN would like to develop an integrated organic produce value chain management system. The aim is to develop a dynamic system that has functionality of CRM, produce tracking, order management and reporting to Kenya Organic Agriculture Network
2.0 Services required.
The specific services required under this call for expression of interest include the following:
Build and Deploy a collaborative and internet based order management system for Kenya Organic Agriculture Network (KOAN).
2.1 The eco-system should allow for:
• Farmers to load up available produce
• KOAN to confirm produce for sales availability
• Wholesale buyers to order from the produce available and orders processed by farmers direct.
• Retail buyers to order from produce available and orders processed by KOAN.
• Note paid and unpaid orders.
• Provide various reports to stakeholders.
• Sectors to be managed through the BRP system:
• Farmers (App and Online System)
• KOAN (App and Online System)
• Wholesale Buyers (App and Online System)
• Retail Buyers (App and Online System)
2.3 Information Managed
• Organic Produce by Farmer
• Orders and Order Quantities
• Payments and Payment Reporting
• Client Relationship Management
• Supplier Relationship Management
3.0 SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
3.1 Critical Activities
Towards the implementation of the system, the following will be automated:
• Tracking People (Farmers, Customers, Wholesalers …)
• Tracking Organic Produce
• Tracking Orders and Sales
• Tracking Payments
• Reporting and Feedback at all Levels
3.2 Approach to Development
The suggested approach will result to the following (Not exclusive):
• Internet Based System (Web Application+API)
• Modularized System (Scalable Modules)
• Accessible on all digital platforms (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone)
3.3Modules / Features
The following modules should be implemented:
• CRM Management
• Organic Produce Inventory Management
• Ordering and Orders Lifecycle Management
• Security Management
• Dynamic Dashboards
• User Friendly UI
• Web based Interface
• Branch and User Functionality
3.4 Platform Requirements
For the user interface, the following is expected as outputs:
• Full website with organic produce loading and ordering.
• All stakeholders will be able to go to the KOAN orders website and manage their produce and orders.
• Farmers App. An app for farmers to load organic produce and manage their accounts which will include orders and order processing from wholesale clients.
• KOAN App. Additionally there shall be a possibility of KOAN team to view and manage various sections of the eco system as required and manage orders from retail clients.
• Client App . Based on level (Wholesale/Retail), the app will allow for ordering of produce and management of orders with various reporting.
4.0 KEY DELIVERABLES
The project’s key deliverables will be the following:
1. KOAN website – Ordering Website
2. KOAN Farmers’ App
3. KOAN Clients’ App
4. Documentation and manuals for the eco-system.
5.0 Time frame
The estimate start date is May 2020 with final hand over expected not later than 4 months from the signing of service contract.
6.0 Expertise required
KOAN is therefore looking for a qualified consultant to undertake the services indicated above. The consultant should have the following:
a) Formal training at a degree level on computer literacy or related.
b) Have a profile of at least 3 databases or websites he/she has developed. This should be supported by contact persons and contacts of the clients.
c) At least 3 years experience in the field of developing mobile based applications and web based systems with end to end functionality.
The prospective consultant is requested to send a financial proposal indicating daily rate of payment, number of days that he/she will take and total cost inclusive of taxes.
8.0 Technical approach
The consultant should send a proposed technical framework for developing the application.
The technical framework and budget should be sent to KOAN not later than 25th May 2020 on email@example.com For any enquiries call 0721949546