DEADLINE : 30th April 2020
1.0 About KOAN
Kenya Organic Agriculture Network (KOAN) is a national membership organization for organic agriculture in Kenya. KOAN was formed to coordinate, facilitate and provide leadership and professional services to all members and other stakeholders in the organic agriculture sector in Kenya. KOAN Membership is derived from farmers, traders, exporters, service providers (extension officers, certification bodies) and research institutions. The organization goal is to develop key competencies, skills and strategies in the areas of Organic Production; Marketing; Standards and Certification; Training, Extension and Information Exchange; Networking, Policy and Advocacy.
KOAN is implementing a project “Empowering Stakeholders to Understand the Harmful Effects of Toxic Agrochemicals in Kenya and Adopt Safe Alternatives.” Funded by Henrich Boll stiftung Foundation. Inline with project goals and objectives, KOAN would like to engage a consultant to provide the services of web editing and content management.
2.0 Services required.
The specific services required under this call for expression of interest include the following:
- Developing an online/web/e-data base with information on pesticides, crops and alternatives including other information as may be provided by KOAN contact person.
- Update the KOAN website with information as provided by the KOAN contact person
3.0 Expertise required
KOAN is therefore looking for a qualified consultant to undertake the services indicated above. The consultant should have the following:
- Formal training at a degree level on computer literacy or related.
- Have a profile of at least 3 databases or websites he/she has developed. This should be supported by contact persons and contacts of the clients.
- At least 3 years experience in the field of web development.
4.0 Time line:
The assignment should be done in the month of May and June 2020. The consultant should write a statement of availability within the indicated period to undertake the assignment. The assignment is expected to take 5-10 days.
The prospective consultant is requested to send a financial proposal indicating daily rate of payment.
5.0 Technical approach
The consultant should send a proposed technical framework for the data base using the sample indicated data on the excel.
The technical framework and budget should be sent to KOAN not later than 30th April 2020 on firstname.lastname@example.org For any enquiries call 0721949546